Re: How do we get state of a flag in set -o ...

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: How do we get state of a flag in set -o ...
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 19:03:25 -0400

On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 12:55:37AM +0200, alex xmb ratchev wrote:
> this is nonsense
> it used to work <.. last word>

As I said, this feature was only introduced in bash 5.1, and the version
with an expansion does not work in either bash 5.1 or 5.2.  There is no
version of bash in which it works.

You can try it yourself.

Whatever you were doing before probably involved eval, or some other
form of code injection through multiple layers of shell parsing.