Basta: persistent status line for bash.

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Basta: persistent status line for bash.
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 16:37:18 -0700

Hi all,

I made a tiny project called Basta: bash status line.

https://www.kylheku.com/cgit/basta/about/

A 140 line script that you can source from your ~/.bashrc
file gives you a persistent, scroll-protected status bar
at the bottom of the terminal which shows the current time,
host and working directory.

The clock magically updates even while the shell is idle,
waiting for input, or while you're editing.

Basta consists of a single file written in Bash, with
no dependencies, other than requiring the utilities stty,
sleep and kill.

This was motivated by getting fed up of years of living
with too long a prompt. I de-cluttered it, by moving
items int the status line. Basta!

Cheers ...