Re: Help definitve way to set font color..

From: Greg Wooledge
Subject: Re: Help definitve way to set font color..
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2023 11:51:11 -0400

https://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/037

> [...] Bash stderr output that exist in
> between xtace lines (and on any time/situation elese) ?

Bash does not write output "between xtrace lines" unless an error
occurs.

I really think you are laboring under some sort of massive misconception,
but your text is so terse that it's hard to pinpoint exactly what
confusion you're dealing with.

Bash writes to stderr under these circumstances:

1) When writing a prompt, in interactive mode.
2) When writing an error.
3) When writing xtrace lines, unless BASH_XTRACEFD is changed.
4) When writing job control messages.

Unless I've forgotten something, any other output written to stderr
comes from a *command* that bash executes.

What *exactly* are you trying to do?