Re: feature todo .. be able to unset vars at assignment stage , without

From: Zachary Santer
Subject: Re: feature todo .. be able to unset vars at assignment stage , without unset util , for coding language fair extendment
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2024 17:00:09 -0500

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 12:51 PM Zachary Santer <zsanter@gmail.com> wrote:

> Whereas, the syntax I've settled on would allow all the same stuff:
> {~DISPLAY} xsomething
> {~http_proxy} wget "$url"
> {~http_proxy} WGET_ASKPASS="$pass_program" wget "$url"

This kind of syntax could also be used to unset a range of elements within
an indexed array, with something looking like substring expansion on an
array:
{~arr[@]:offset:length}

Something the unset command can't do dynamically without the programmer
constructing a list of array elements in another array. just to expand that
as arguments to the unset command. Or just calling the unset
command multiple times.

Maybe bring the tilde outside of the curly braces:
~{DISPLAY} xsomething
~{arr[@]:offset:length}

Dollar sign expands. Tilde unsets. Does that make sense?