help-debbugs

Re: https://debbugs.gnu.org and searching ..

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: https://debbugs.gnu.org and searching ..
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2024 14:59:25 +0200

"Alfred M. Szmidt" <ams@gnu.org> writes:

>    Please follow-up at <help-debbugs@gnu.org>. emacs-devel isn't the right
>    place.
>
> It is not mentioned anywhere, the main page mentions
> owner@debbugs.gnu.org which I CCed initially, then it sysadmin@ , and
> now a help-debbugs@ .. sorry if I just give up on caring on that topic.

On the main page, there is

To get help with using this tracker, you can send a mail to the
help-debbugs mailing list.

Well, I'll try to improve the wording.

>    debbugs.gnu.org has a load average of >20. Top shows us permanent new
>    bugreport.cgi processes. I have the impression, that debbugs.gnu.org is
>    under attack.
>
>    Bob or Michael, could you pls check what's up?
>
> Could it be that the process is just leaking when doing a large search
> that results in lots of results?

It's not the search this case, there is just one estmaster process. The
bugreport.cgi processes are fired when a new bug report hits the server.

Best regards,  Michael.