help-gawk

Use variable from BEGIN as input to remaining program

From: port19
Subject: Use variable from BEGIN as input to remaining program
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2023 12:14:26 +0000

Hi all,

I have now managed to send https requests via the use of stunnel.
My current problem is that it seems impossible to reuse the response.
In my limited research I did not manage to find ways to define records in BEGIN.

Is it possible to use output retrieved in BEGIN as input for the rest of the
program?
If yes, how so?
If not, how would you proceed?

Context is the rewrite of a small reddit client. [1]

~port19

[1] https://github.com/port19x/redqu/tree/gawk