help-gawk

Re: Any way to set "--csv" in BEGIN?

From: Ed Morton
Subject: Re: Any way to set "--csv" in BEGIN?
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2023 05:47:50 -0600

On 11/12/2023 5:29 AM, Manuel Collado wrote:
El 12/11/23 a las 12:14, Ed Morton escribió:
Thanks Manuel but I can't use anything that doesn't just come with gawk due to IT restrictions at work (only the IT dept. can install only approved software).

That means you are not able to develop your own gawk scripts at work?
Of course not.

The gawk-csvio library is a pure gawk script. No need to install anything as admin. Just copy the file or the code text to the user's space and use it.

I didn't realize that's what your code was. I already have my own code to do that, see "buildRec()" at https://stackoverflow.com/a/45420607/1745001.

    Ed.

So far I only have gawk 5.3 on my home laptop to play with and while I could install whatever I like there, there's no point learning/getting used to anything at home that I can't use at work where gawk 5.3 will just come down the pipeline in the near future.

Ok. Regards.