RE: Dired colors?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Dired colors?
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 07:43:59 -0800 (PST)

> > Are there any builtin functionality to control the line colors in
> > dired. Lets say to change the color for directories vs files or
> > according to the permissions? A face maybe??
> >
> > If so, could you tell me where are documented?
>
> See the various 'defface's in dired.el.
>
> Alternatively, "M-x load-library RET dired RET", and then invoke
> list-faces-display and look at faces whose names start with "dired-".

What Eli said.

In particular, if you happen to use a 3rd-party Dired
library (there are a few) that defines additional
faces, it's likely that they'll have names that start
with or include "dired".  And they too will show up
with `M-x list-faces-display'.  For example, the faces
defined by `dired+.el' have names that start with
"diredp-".

To customize a face, use `M-x customize-face'.