re: Org-Mode How to archive to specific files based on tags?

From: Carlo Tambuatco
Subject: re: Org-Mode How to archive to specific files based on tags?
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 04:09:02 -0500

In Org mode, is there a way to control automatically where entries get archived
based on the properties of the entry, such as its tags or any other property it
has?

For example, right now, I use one gigantic archive file for my personal chores,
completed tasks, etc. It kind of functions as a de facto diary of things I have
done in the past few months.

I want to archive entries related to my projects and work related stuff in a
separate archive file (or preferably multiple separate archive files, one per
project), and I want org mode to recognize when to archive to this work related
file automatically based on the tags and properties of the entry. This will
also function as a kind of “captain’s log” of items done for my projects.

Open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.