Re: re-make-list

From: tomas
Subject: Re: re-make-list
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 09:02:50 +0100

On Mon, Feb 10, 2020 at 08:37:48AM +0100, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> tomas wrote:
>
> > In your case, since you build a fresh list
> > which nobody else sees, you might get away
> > returning (nreverse matches) without the
> > Functional Gods frowning at you ;-)
>
> Actually it will be visible indeed :)

It seems I was unclear. I was talking about your variable
"matches", which you create whithin the function and let
grow with each match found. Since that variable is not
visible outside the function's scope, you can afford the
(potentially) more efficient nreverse.

Sorry for the confusion. Just ignore if still unclear :)

Cheers
-- tomás