Re: Bibliography entry in the menu-bar

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Bibliography entry in the menu-bar
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 08:46:06 +0100

On Thu, Feb 27 2020, Sharon Kimble wrote:
I'm hoping that someone can help, but when I'm in a buffer of my
bibliography, there is a drop-down list in the menu-bar, of bibliography
commands, titled 'Entry-Types'. But what program belongs to it?

I want to create a new command to an entry in it, but I don't know what
the originating program is. Can anyone help please?

The menu is created in `bibtex.el`. Search for "easy-menu-define" to find the location. (`bibtex.el` doesn't use `easy-menu-define`, but it's mentioned in a comment where the menu is defined.)

However, modifying the menu will take some knowledge of Elisp. Besides, if you just want to add an entry type, modifying the menu yourself is the wrong way to go. You should customize `bibtex-BibTeX-entry-alist` or `bibtex-biblatex-entry-alist` instead.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments