Does set-window-dedicated-p cause raising frames?

From: emacser
Subject: Does set-window-dedicated-p cause raising frames?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2021 06:12:32 +0000

I have a background process in a timer which does some processing with results
getting into a buffer.

I have some smaller frame separate from the main emacs frame which displays
some status info and
annoyingly the result of this background process often took over that info
frame, so I used
set-window-dedicated-p to dedicate that info window to its buffer.

It works fine, but now my emacs frame is rased instead. It's no problem output
goes into my main emacs
frame, but why is the frame raised? It's annoying when I'm in some other app
and suddenly emacs
comes to the foreground because of the background process.

The background timer uses switch-to-buffer which I could replace with
with-current-buffer, but I'm
wondering of the reason of the emacs frame being raised. I tried
switch-to-buffer from a delayed
timer and it did not raise the frame.

So is the raising because of some interaction between switch-to-buffer and
set-window-dedicated-p?