Re: Dired: how to mark with other character but *

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Re: Dired: how to mark with other character but *
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2021 07:53:20 +0100

>From the manual:

‘* c OLD-MARKCHAR NEW-MARKCHAR’
     Replace all marks that use the character OLD-MARKCHAR with marks
     that use the character NEW-MARKCHAR (‘dired-change-marks’).  This
     command is the primary way to create or use marks other than ‘*’ or
     ‘D’.  The arguments are single characters—do not use <RET> to
     terminate them.

(and yes, it is not easy to find unless you know what you're looking
for).

Hth,
mb

--