RE: [External] : about keysee

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : about keysee
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2022 16:10:04 +0000

> > For that, you can just use `M-x load-library' to load
> > `cl-macs.el' and `M-x load-file to load `sortie.el'
> > and then `keysee.el'.
>
> I did a M-x load-library to load cl-macs.el
> this was o.k.
> But when I did a M-x load-file to load
> "sortie.el" and "keysee.el" it couldn't find it.

`load-file' reads an absolute file name.  You
need to first have downloaded those two files
from the links I gave you.  The file names you
give to `load-file' are the locations where
you saved the files.

This is one reason `load-library' exists: so
you don't need to specify the file location.
You just put the files in some directory that
you add to your `load-path', and then use
`M-x load-library'.  It looks for the files
using the paths in your `load-path'.