Re: [External] : Re: Emacs 30.0 warning from `cl-pushnew' and `memql'

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: Emacs 30.0 warning from `cl-pushnew' and `memql'
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 11:20:23 +0100

tomas wrote:

> It's a bit subtle, since the point is rather the intention
> than the data type itself (the result of an evaluation is
> itself a form after all -- that's the magic of Lisp).
>
> The next I came to it (I searched Elisp's manual with `i'
> then `form' is "10.1 Introduction to Evaluation":
>
>   A Lisp object that is intended for evaluation is called
>   a “form” or “expression”(1). The fact that forms are data
>   objects and not merely text is one of the fundamental
>   differences between Lisp-like languages and typical
>   programming languages. Any object can be evaluated [...]
>
> Worth reading :)

I'd like to read every book on Lisp there is ... from where do
I order them?

I have read these two [last], and another one in Swedish (very
short), and the Emacs 18 manual.

Add to the Lisp book list! (Also add ambitious PDFs with URLs.)

I can help add them, actually, just send the books or other
documents here, no problem.

  Emanuel Berg
  Ekebyv 21
  752 63 Uppsala