Per-buffer font settings for non-ASCII characters

From: RangHo Lee
Subject: Per-buffer font settings for non-ASCII characters
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 16:43:45 +0900

Hello, everyone.

I am in the process of ditching word processors altogether to use Emacs
full-time.
Now I am trying to set up proper serif font handing with Emacs, but the CJK
font
got in the way. Following Dennis Ogbe's guide[1], I was able to set up
proper ASCII
font handling. However, this does not change the Korean text I am working
with.

I've read some Reddit posts[2] that mentions the difference between
`set-fontset-font`
and `set-face-attribute`, but I can't get rid of the suspicion that I can
*somehow* get
around this issue.

Is there any way to achieve "per-buffer" CJK font switching in Emacs?
My current `init.el` can be seen in the link below:
https://github.com/RangHo/dotfiles/blob/e14c77333184aa8e3c3dab4bf282bd3676c9e027/emacs/.config/emacs/rangho-theme.el#L45-L129

Thanks in advance!

--------

[1]: https://ogbe.net/blog/toggle-serif