Re: Passing result of macroexpand-all as argument to a function

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Passing result of macroexpand-all as argument to a function
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 21:26:01 -0500

On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 9:04 PM Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, August 9th, 2023 at 1:37 PM, Pierre Rouleau
> <prouleau001@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 8:22 PM Heime heimeborgia@protonmail.com wrote:
> >
> > 3- If #2 is not clear, reading a LISP tutorial will help. Investing time
> > reading on LISP and Emacs Lisp will help a lot.
>
> I am going to pass

What does "I am going to pass" mean, please?

I hope that it does not mean "I do not want to read the manual".  (Or
were you saying that you do not want to explain your problem, or
perhaps you object to quoting lisp forms to pass them around?)

I ask because, in my view, it is not acting kindly toward those who
read the list and attempt to help people, that you would refuse to
read the documentation.  In fact, it initially strikes me as rather
rude to depend only on others to personally explain solutions (to
problems that you do not define).  Especially so when I consider you
are depending on the rest of us to read the documentation (source,
this list, etc), in order to know something you don't.  I hope this
helps to make clear why I found your "I am going to pass" remark so
exceptional as to comment on it, choosing in this case to completely
ignore the context of whatever it is that you might want to know.