Re: save rotated image in image-mode

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: save rotated image in image-mode
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 13:50:38 +0100

Peter Münster <pm@a16n.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to rotate an image by 90° and save the result. How could I
> do this please?
>
> It seems, that "i r" and "s r" change only the display...
>
> TIA for any hints,

Hi,

I don't know if you can do that in image-mode… but you can in
image-dired-mode.  Here is the recipe:

            - Open the image directory in dired
            - Mark the image file with 'm'
            - 'C-t d' (image-dired-display-thumbs)
            - Then type 'R' to rotate 90° clockwise or 'L' for counter
              clockwise

Emacs will ask if you want to erase the original file with the
transformed one.
--
Manuel Giraud