Child frame alpha (not background)

From: Psionic K
Subject: Child frame alpha (not background)
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 17:30:30 +0900

While developing champagne.el, I'm sure I saw child frame alpha (not just
background) was working at some point.  I think it has regressed.  Code
here:
https://github.com/positron-solutions/champagne/blob/master/lisp/champagne.el#L189-L190

I tried out PGTK and a number of window managers on 29 and master.  I never
got full transparency working again.  I've been using XFCE forever.  If
anyone sees the simpler alpha frame property working, it would be helpful
to know your window manager and Emacs version for bisection.

The background transparency is pretty sweet.  Can't wait to polish
keypression some more.  https://youtube.com/shorts/cXB7EnTcAD4

--

남백호
대표 겸 공동 창업자