Re: Keybindings for navigating completing-read entries

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Keybindings for navigating completing-read entries
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 15:01:39 +0300

> Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:32:46 +0000
> From: Heime <heimeborgia@protonmail.com>
> Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> > If you could describe in enough detail how you tried to search for
> > those bindings, we could think about improving the documentation
> > facilities to be more helpful in this matter.
>
> Started reading from through "21.6 Completion".

You seem to be reading the wrong manual.  Try reading "9.4 Completion"
in the Emacs user manual instead.  It describes the commands in the
minibuffer when Emacs does completion, which is what you want.

> Nevertheless, with completing-read the user simply gets a prompt
> without much indication about completion frameworks and about
> any keybinding shortcuts to traverse entries.

Actually, if you type ? (question mark) at the prompt, Emacs will pop
up a buffer with some useful commands.