help-gnu-utils

What mailing list do I use for gtar?

From: Briscoe, Bill
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:32:11 -0600

Here is my question:
I am trying to backup an entire server using
/usr/local/bin/gtar -covPzf /export/flrbackup/$HOST.tar.gz.$DATE /
--exclude=*flrbackup* --exclude=*proc*    --exclude=*/devices*
 however, I need to exclude the /devices directory.  I can not find a way to
match the '/' sign with wild cards or with a '/'.  How do I exclude the
/devices/ directory yet include other files whose names contain 'devices'
else where in my file systems?

Thank you,
Bill Briscoe
E/NMS Technical Analyst