help-gnu-utils

gnu history bash flavour?

From: Christian Schäfer
Subject: gnu history bash flavour?
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 10:14:00 +0200

hi help-gnu-utils,

I program a little app providing a special shell as its user
interface. I am pretty annoyed with the specialkeys messing my input,
so I wanted to use them for command history access like in bash (arrow
up == command back).
the only thing I could find was gnu history, which is great but is
maybe a bit too much for my concern. anyway, I read the documentation
and I am not sure, if it makes use of the arrow-keys.
does it? and if it does not, do you know of a solution to get this
sort of funtionality?

regards
/Christian                   mailto:caefer@krachstoff.net

---

I propose that the following character sequence for joke markers:

:-)

                             19-Sep-82 11:44    Scott E  Fahlman