help-gnu-utils

(no subject)

From: Saif Khalaf
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:44:44 -0800

Hi,

I am running DDD 3.1.4.  I would like to open an executable to debug and run a command file using -x, but one will work and not the other.

"testing" is the executable that I want to debug
"comfile" is the command file that I want to open with -x

My "comfile" is just one line "set prompt saif"

When I type: "xt-ddd testing -x comfile"
1. The "comfile" file would run, but the testing executable wouldn't appear in the Source Window.  A check box on the bottom right side of the DDD window blinks green, and when I try to close the window I get the following message "GDB is still busy.  Exit anyway and kill it?"  I'm not sure what it needs to kill.  I could use "list" in the GDB window to see the source, but the program isn't opening in the Source Window!

When I type: "xt-ddd testing"
2. "testing" opens up correctly and appears in the Soure Window

When I type: "xt-ddd -x comfile" I get the conditions marked above as 1 without "testing" appearing in the Source Window

When I type: "xt-ddd -x comfile testing" I get the condition marked above as 1

When I type: "xt-ddd -exec testing -x comfile" I get the condition marked above as 1

When I type: "xt-ddd -x comfile -exec testing" I get the condition marked above as 1

I tried all of the above with "-command" instead of "-x" and I still got condition marked above as 1

Please help me.  It seems like I should be able to do this in DDD, but it isn't working.

THANK YOU,
Saif Khalaf