help-gnu-utils

Preprocessing files with make

From: Erik Cato
Subject: Preprocessing files with make
Date: 17 Aug 2004 22:49:22 -0700

Hi group!

Im trying to preprocess a group o files with the help of make but
I have no luck. I think I may have overlooked some very important
issue.

What i have is a group of souce files (.c and .h) organizied somewhat
like this:

+-Source -+- Dir1
          +- Dir2
          +- Dir3

What I want to do is to search the directorys for C files and
preprocess them to get a new set of files in a new directory
"proprocessed" or similar.

(What i actualy want to do is to run metre on the source files but to
use metre
i need to process them first. And that is a later issue. First i want
to understand how to preprocess the files)

Any help would be greatly appriceated!

Best regards, Erik