help-gnu-utils

gperf for hashing 15 million words ?

From: Ramprasad B
Subject: gperf for hashing 15 million words ?
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:58:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I needed to generate a _unique_ hash value for 15 million words list.
which will be used to index in to an array of pointers to the words.

Also, the hash values must be in the _range_ of 1 - 15 million because, the
array of

pointers is of 15 million entries.

Is gperf useful for my task ? If so, how can i user gperf to accomplish this
task ?

I went through the maual and code, but i am not getting hold of gperf.

Please help me in this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ramprasad B