help-gnu-utils

Re: Newbie can't get gnu grep to produce results

From: Stan Brown
Subject: Re: Newbie can't get gnu grep to produce results
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 23:47:32 -0400

Wed, 25 Jul 2007 14:23:58 -0700 from RichardL
<RichardDummyMailbox58407@USComputerGurus.com>:
> I am in the process of trying out Win-Bash because it advertises
> itself as being self-contained, i.e no DLLs to worry about.  Do you
> think Cygwin's bash is substantially superior to Win-Bash?  While I
> await learning your opinion, I'll fool around with it.

You might like to try my shareware grep:
http://oakroadsystems.com/sharware/grep.htm

I can attest that it *does* expand *-type wildcards, as well as ?-
type and []-type.

--
"The internet is famously powered by the twin engines of
bitterness and contempt."   -- Nathan Rabin, /The Onion/