help-gnu-utils

Re: Backup scripts

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Backup scripts
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 10:56:23 -0500

TBlittlefoot <littlefoot8@earthlink.net> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 09:32:05AM -0500, Joel J. Adamson wrote:
>> TBlittlefoot <littlefoot8@earthlink.net> writes:

>> [...]
>> >
>> > Perhaps it needs to be mounted.
>>
>> Perhaps...
>>

>> > grep mount /usr/sbin/backup didn't produce anything.
>>
>> That's what I thought the first time.  The drive has been mounted the
>> entire time.  I did discover that it was incorrectly partitioned
>> (i.e. not partitioned).  But I solved that and I still get the same
>> error.
>
> Wouldn't you put the directory it was mounted on in place of the
> device name?

Yeah, except that I did that and it still didn't work ;)

It turns out that /usr/bin/backup is supplied with a host of variables
from backup.sh, so I am examining both of them.  The "invalid argument"
message arises from the init_backup function in /usr/libexec/backup.sh
on line 178.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson