Re: Info about PEERSTORE service

From: Big Boy
Subject: Re: Info about PEERSTORE service
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 14:32:29 +0200

Good day! My apologies for writing again about the PEERSTORE service, but I have some more questions. Firstly, the store operation will store the keys-value pair in the client's device, while the iterate operation will look for the record locally? Secondly, if I provide a peer id to the store operation, will it act as signing a value i.e not letting a different peer to add more values/replace the value? Third question, is there a way to generate a peer identity by providing a hash key pair? I want my users to be able to connect from multiple devices with some credentials and access stored data. Thank you in advance!

În joi, 1 feb. 2024 la 23:43, Christian Grothoff <grothoff@gnunet.org> a scris:
Hi BB,

Peerstore is just a local database for information a peer keeps about
other peers (by their PeerIds, and yes, that's what you get as the CORE
ID and via the connect callbacks), it is *not* a DHT. The DHT is a
separate subsystem.

As it is the local (trusted) code storing information locally, the
expiration time is whatever the local code wants it to be.

I *think* the current implementation _may_ have a value size limit
around 64k, but in principle that could be fixed if desired.

I hope this answers your questions!

Happy hacking!

Christian