help-gnuzilla

Icecat 115

From: chippy
Subject: Icecat 115
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:10:37 +0200

Hi, I just added the project to codeberg
(https://codeberg.org/chippy/gnuzilla-115) and went through the changes
made by makeicecat one by one in order to find and address issues that
came out last build of version 115.1 (telemetry &co).

I built 115.1.0esr and 115.2.1esr with no problem.

The phone-home and telemetry part seems ok now apparently. It builds
(see https://codeberg.org/chippy/gnuzilla-115/releases) and it's not
connecting to Mozilla or other services, unfortunately the Librejs
extension is not there, but the LibreJS/USPS compatibility popped up,
so I'll try to fix the LibreJS at next round.

After that maybe some testing by others would be great.

I found this interesting although not directly useful to us:
https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/41796

Please, try this,  let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Chippy