building a g++ compiler

From: Paul Peacock
Subject: building a g++ compiler
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:25:31 +0000

Hi,

I am new to gnu software and want to use g++ on my new linux box.
Looking at the various mirror sites in the UK I cant find GCC binaries
which I know includes a front end for g++.   I can only find source
files.  Unfortunately, trying to configure the compilers I needfalls
over because I dont have a C compiler on my box.

Can anyone point me to where I can find GCC binaries so that get rid of
all the source.

Sorry if this mail is not quite for the right thread but I couldnt find
something on GCC as such in the help list.

Thanks for the help.

Paul.