inst emulated pid

From: bob findlay (JIC)
Subject: inst emulated pid
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 16:52:30 -0000

Hi
I've just compiled sed on a dec alpha running ctu4.0f using gcc.  If I run
it on this machine, it's fine, but if I run it on another machine (that does
not have gcc) it works, but it prints

inst emulated pid=6822 <gsed> va=0x0 pc=0x1200091bc inst=0x525f0485

a big problem for me as I'm using it with "watcher", and the inst emulated
bit will bugger up watcher if it's in the normal output stream (which I
think it is).

does anyone know how to get rid of this?

thanks
Bob
PS is there a searchable archive for this list?