Re: 3.4.0 and Linux kernel?

From: Juergen Heinzl
Subject: Re: 3.4.0 and Linux kernel?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:26:01 +0000 (UTC)

In article <c6p2bf$730$1@news.mch.sbs.de>, Ulrich Lauther wrote:
> Is it considered save to compile the Linux kernel 2.6.5 on i686 with
> gcc-3.4.0? Or should I stay with 2.95.3 ?
[-]
Probably not. Basically stay with what the the Changes file says
plus mind gcc-3.4.0 is a .0 release.

Of course there're people who'll tell you "but it does run here",
yet someone who does not require parts of the kernel a newer compiler
compiles wrong isn't going to encouter problems and even someone
who does may not until the system is in the right state to let things
go wrong.

Cheers,
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Juergen Heinzl       \       no flames      /
 \ Email private : juergen@manannan.org \ send money instead /