Help! I deleted libstdc++.so.5, how do I get it back?

From: Charles Fox
Subject: Help! I deleted libstdc++.so.5, how do I get it back?
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 17:38:52 -0000

I'm on Mandrake 9.2.  I just upgraded to gcc 3.4.0 and removed my old
gcc.  By mistake I also removed libstdc++.so.5 (thinking that it
should be replaced with .so.6)  However all my programs need the .so.5
version!

I tried installing the rpm but mandrake thinks its already installed
(as I'm rm'ed that file manually).  i can't uninstall the package and
reinstall because there are a million delendencies hanging off it.
Where can I obtain a copy of libstdc++.so.5 for mandrake without using
RPMs?

I wish linux would put rm'ed things in the trash so I could get them
out again!