Re: Libraries for exception handling?

From: David Olsson
Subject: Re: Libraries for exception handling?
Date: 21 Sep 2004 23:21:50 -0700

Maurizio Loreti <mlo@foobar.it> wrote in message
news:<rmu0tr8zto.fsf@mlinux.pd.infn.it>...
> You invoke g++, not gcc, in the command line --- right?

Yes I invoke g++, but it really wouldn't matter if I invoked gcc since
I explicitly use ld to link and don't link with any of the default
libararies (like -lstdc++ and -lsupc++) since, in the case of
-lstdc++, I don't use any of its functonalities (at least not
explicitly) and should thus not require it(?), and, in the case of
-lsupc++, it makes use of malloc() and free() which defintately is off
limits on this platform.

What I really need is a way to be able to use exception handling (if I
remove all exceptions from the code, the linking works just fine)
without having to link with a library that uses malloc() and free().
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
David Olsson