Linking in libpgm

From: Dave Rudolf
Subject: Linking in libpgm
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:26:27 -0600

Hey all,

I am trying to use libpgm and libpbm into a C++ program, but I get the
following at link time:

  : undefined reference to `pm_freearray(char**, int)'
  : undefined reference to `pm_openr(char const*)'
  : undefined reference to `pgm_readpgm(_IO_FILE*, int*, int*, unsigned*)'
  : undefined reference to `pgm_init(int*, char**)'

... and so on. Now, if I compile the source with gcc instead of g++ (and I
remove all references to c++ libraries), then it links fine. Looking in my
libs directory, I see that I do indeed have the dynamic library, if that
matters at all:

     /usr/lib/libpgm.a
     /usr/lib/libpgm.so

So is there some reason why the linker gets confused on these libs? I should
be able to use raw C libraries in my C++ code, should I not? If so, then can
anyone tell me what is going on here?

Thanks.

Dave