Static link libstdc++.so on Solaris

From: Enda Mannioooo
Subject: Static link libstdc++.so on Solaris
Date: 3 Mar 2005 04:20:29 -0800

Hi,

I want to statically link libstdc++.so on solaris.
uname -a = SunOS mymachine 5.7 Generic_106541-18 sun4u sparc
SUNW,Ultra-5_10

I have tried numerous combinations of -static -Bstatic and -dn but
each time I run my newly linked binary on the remote machine that
lacks libstdc++.so I get the following "ld.so.1: ./hpssidgen: fatal:
libstdc++.so.6: open failed: No such file or directory"

I have also used -static-libgcc but to no avail.

I know there is alot of postings about this but none seem to work for
me.

here is one example of the command I run.
g++ -o ....... -dy -lm -lc -lsocket -dl -lnsl -static -lstdc++
-static-libgcc

Anyone got any ideas here.

Thanks,
Enda Mannion