Problem creating shared library

From: dina_vr
Subject: Problem creating shared library
Date: 11 Mar 2005 11:34:55 -0800

Hi All,
  I want to pass the option -E to  the  'ld' command invoked by g++
when it builds a shared library. I specify the path of GNU 'ld' in the
option -B/usr/local/bin. But g++ always takes the Solaris 'ld' in
/usr/ccs/bin which does not support -E.
I don't have /usr/ccs/bin in my PATH variable.

  g++ -G -B/usr/local/bin -Wl,-E  test.o  -o libTest.so

I get the error
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: illegal option -- E
g++: file path prefix `/usr/local/bin' never used

I also tried setting the environment variable
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=/usr/local/bin
But it also does not work.
Even if I use -shared instead of -G, I get the same error.

I am using
gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release)
on
SunOS 5.8