Re: difference between gcc 2.9x and 3.x

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: difference between gcc 2.9x and 3.x
Date: 15 Mar 2005 19:47:39 -0800

Christian Christmann <plfriko@yahoo.de> writes:

> When I run the code against g++ 3.2 I get lots of
> errors.

That is not uncommon for older code ...

> What changed from g++ 2.9 to 3.x?

Many things. The change that is affecting you is that g++3.x is
much more standard-compliant and is stricter in what language
constructs it accepts.

> Where can I get some information about that topic?

You don't need information (or rather, no matter what information
you'll find, it will not help you solve the problem). You just need
to fix the bad code.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.