Re: Is this Possible ?(Cross compiling)

From: Kai Ruottu
Subject: Re: Is this Possible ?(Cross compiling)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:44:05 +0200

On 17 Mar 2005 12:11:32 -0800, codefixer@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I was wondering if this is a feasible solution.
>I have x86 (P4) Red Hat 9.0 and g++ installation(I forgot the version).
>I was wondering if it's possible to cross compile to x64 ? If so could
>anyone please suggest me how to compile a foo.cpp ?

 Just produce a crosstoolchain. But of course 'x86_64-linux-gnu' is
not enough to define the target system, variations from Fedora and
SuSE and others can be binary uncompatible with each others. So
maybe you need several toolchains, for 'x86_64-fedora-linux',
'x86_64-suse-linux9.2'  etc.

>Also if I have to target solaris sparc, what should I do ?

 Again, Solaris7 is not the same as Solaris9, but Solaris7 apps
should work also on Solaris9. It is up to you to decide what you
want, how many toolchains seen necessary for "Solaris2"....