-fnon-call-exceptions

From: Jason Kraftcheck
Subject: -fnon-call-exceptions
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:34:46 -0600

I am considering generating exceptions from within a signal handler to
clean up some error handling code.  To make this work with g++, the
"-fnon-call-exceptions" option must be specified.  What is the cost of
using this option wrt code size and runtime performance?  I am assuming
there is some cost if an option must be specified to enable this, but I
don't know enough about how stack-unwinding and such is implemented to
guess how significant it may be.

thanks,

- jason kraftcheck