Re: bug or a feature

From: Anakreon
Subject: Re: bug or a feature
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 20:42:16 +0300

Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
Anakreon <anakreonmejdi@yahoo.gr> writes:

I think the compiler ought to stop the compilation with an error
since the 2 methods of the bug class are not implemented.

You are incorrect: if the compiler stopped compilation, it would
be impossible to compile programs consisting of multiple source
files: e.g. a program in which bug::meth1() is defined in a separate
bug.cc file.

If this is not a feature,

It's not a feature and it's not a bug; it's *correct* behaviour.

I'll make  a proper bug submission

Please don't (waste your and someone else's time).

Cheers,
The command used for the compilation is:
g++ -o bug gcc_bug.cpp

The compiler must know that there are no other files involved.

I don't want to waste anybodys time but shouldn't the compiler
report an error on the above case?