Re: undefined reference to <FUNCTION_NAME>

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: undefined reference to <FUNCTION_NAME>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 21:31:40 -0700

"Vish" <vpahuja@gmail.com> writes:

> I have it defined in one of the include files.

No, you didn't. You *declared* it in one of the header files.

> I believe the actual implementation

Actual implementation == definition; so that's where you defined it.

> is in one of the lib files in
> -L/cygdrive/c/arcgis/ArcSDE/li­b/
>
> It should pick it up...

Not at all. The '-L' flag does not tell gcc to link against a library.

> These are the only two variables I need to provide in Visual Studio 6.0
> But it fails in g++ command prompt

Perhaps you are depending on '#pragma comment("lib", "...")' ?
Gcc has no support for this AFAIK. You must link with the library
in which the function is defined *explicitly*.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.