C library support in g++ 3.4.2 on SUN Solaris 5.8

From: Vinu
Subject: C library support in g++ 3.4.2 on SUN Solaris 5.8
Date: 11 Jul 2005 02:05:49 -0700

We are currently using g++ 3.4.2 on SUN Solaris 5.8 . Whenever we make
a call to any wide string functions like wcsncpy(), wcscmp() etc., we
are getting Segmentation Fault - Core Dump. These functions are
accessed from '/usr/lib/stdc.so.1' while the g++ 3.4.2 is installed in
directory other than the default installation directroy. The
installation seems to be done properly as other application is made and
run. How can we verify the support for the wide character string
related C functions while using g++ 3.4.2 to avoid core dump?