Reasons for warning (g++/gdb)

From: Andreas Schallenberg
Subject: Reasons for warning (g++/gdb)
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:44:55 +0200

Hello!

I'm compiling a project using g++ 3.3.2.

GDB (v6.3) gives me a message like:
warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'xx:yy'

Where xx is the namespace and yy the class name.
The whole project is being compiled with the
same flags and other classes have the RTTI information
available. I'd like to know what may possibly
cause this information to be missing at this
specific class?

Perhaps its important that I had previously
problems using dynamic_cast on objects of this
class which disappeared when I added the
missing "virtual" keyword to the destructor.
The classes had other virtual functions but
a non-virtual destructor.

Any pointers are highly welcomed...
Andreas Schallenberg