Re: newbie trying to compile with g++ for first time

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: newbie trying to compile with g++ for first time
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:32:11 -0700

"Janette" <j.towell@uws.edu.au> writes:

> I managed to use the "pause break" button to allow me to stop the
> scrolling of errors and see what the first error was. It is as follows

You can capture all output from g++ with:

  g++ c:/test.cpp -o test >gpp.out  2>&1

Now all output will go to gpp.out file, which you can view with
your editor of choice.

Also, you can increase the screen buffer of the 'bash' window,
and scroll through the errors: right-click on the title bar -> Properties ->
Layout -> set screen buffer height to e.g. 3000.

> In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.3.1/cstdio:50,
> /usr/include/c++/3.3.1/cstddef:48:20: stddef.h: No such file or
> directory

Your installation of g++ is incomplete. You better re-install it.

> As there something else I need to add to my system path variable so it
> can find the various libraries?

PATH variable has absolutely nothing to do with libraries, and
libraries have absolutely nothing to do with your problem.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.