How to Read debug information

From: Siegfried
Subject: How to Read debug information
Date: 24 Nov 2005 10:26:34 -0800

I want to emulate (simulate) the reflection feature in C#, Java and
other languages so I can extract type information. I want to automate
the generation of code based on the public and private data members in
structs and class.

Is there compiler switch to make the compiler emit XML for each class,
union or struct it injests?

Is there an example program that will read an executable image or .o
file and extract the type information stored there for the debugger?

Thanks,
Siegfried