Problem with logging macros, compiles fine with gcc 2.95.1, fails with 3

From: whizz_kid
Subject: Problem with logging macros, compiles fine with gcc 2.95.1, fails with 3.4.4
Date: 8 Mar 2006 07:06:13 -0800

Hi all,

I am facing some problem regarding the use of logging macros.
Specifically, the macro stringize's the class name passed to it, and
assigns it to another variable for further use.

However, template classes, when passed like this:
TemplateClass<SpecializationClass>
to the macro, when compiled, results in the following error messages:
error: too few template-parameter-lists

followed by:
error: expected `,' or `;' before '=' token

The second one probably indicates a problem in the assignment of the
stringized name of the class to a char variable.

The code compiles fine with gcc 2.95.1, but fails to compile with gcc
3.4.4

I am sorry for being so generic (and without code example), but if some
one has faced a similar situation can please help me on this.

Thanks in anticipation..
Regards,
Raj