File Size Limit Exceeded G++ Linux

From: Peter Nolan
Subject: File Size Limit Exceeded G++ Linux
Date: 14 Apr 2006 07:10:59 -0700

Hi All,
I am running some C++ I wrote having been compiled in G++. When writing
to a file I get 'file size limit exceeded' as a message when the file
size gets to 2,147,483,647.  We are using red hat linux and I compiled
the code in 32 bit mode.

So this looks like a 2GB limit on files. We have tried creating larger
files with other programs and they work ok so I am expecting it is
something to do with how the programs are compiled. I didn't run into a
similar problem on solaris, aix or windows.

I added
DEFS=-DODBCVER=0x0352 -Dunix -Dlinux -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

to the compile options but still have this problem.

I see quite a few posts about this, but have not been able to figure
out how I might avoid this limit.  Anyone have any ideas on what I
should try?

Thanks

Peter
www.peternolan.com