Re: strnlen() warning

From: Mat
Subject: Re: strnlen() warning
Date: 27 Jul 2006 08:29:42 -0700

Clever Monkey wrote:
> Sounds like your include paths are messed up.  Are you sure you are
> getting the string.h that corresponds to the GNU extensions?  One trick
> is to have the compiler leave the interim files around so you can see
> what the source-and-headers expand to during the pre-processor phase.

Mmm... my eng is a bit limited so I didnt understand very well :)
BTW I tried to see if I use the right  string.h ...

### cd /usr/include
### mv string.h string.h_
### cd
### gcc -Wall -pedantic test.c
test.c:2:20: string.h: No such file or directory
test.c: In function `main':
test.c:8: warning: implicit declaration of function `strnlen'

### cd /usr/include
### mv string.h_ string.h
### cd
### gcc -Wall -pedantic test.c
test.c: In function `main':
test.c:8: warning: implicit declaration of function `strnlen'

ARGH :)