Re: help with this problem please

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: help with this problem please
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:56:09 -0700

neil <neil_s@nospam.com> writes:

> /usr/gnu/lib/gcc/i386-pc-minix/3.4.3/libgcc.a:
> could not read symbols: memory exhausted
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> can you please tell me what the compiler is saying here?

Compiler is not saying anything (other then that the linker failed).

The linker says that it ran out of memory, and can not link your
executable.

If you are using the original Minix, there is probably not much
that can be done (IIRC, it was limited to 640K and ran in real mode).

If you are using Minix3, you should be able to use up to 4GB,
and it is possible that your libgcc.a is simply corrupt in some way,
triggering the error.

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.